Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Monitor analog lines using phone buttons

Status
Not open for further replies.

gimz

Technical User
Nov 24, 2015
PH
Hi Guys,

We would like to monitor the status of the analog lines using 1416 phone buttons. I configure line appearance on the user button, the problem is when the user lift the handset the user automatically answer the phone. Is that the correct behavior of line appearance or is there any other feature in button programming that will allow me to monitor the analog lines?

We are using IP Office release 9.1 and Avaya phones 1416.

Thanks

Gimz

Set USER/TELEPHONY/MULTI-LINE options >> idle line preference to off. This will mean the user will need to select a CA or LA for every call.

Thanks pmcook, actually I already played with the multi-line options in the user tab and tick-untick the ringing preference, pre-select or just retain the idle line preference.

Unfortunately the users don't want it that way because they cannot see who is calling them. The user need to scroll up to call appearance-A just to check if who is calling.

What I did is to turn off ringing line preference and idle line preference. The caller ID is now showing and to answer the call, the user need to press the call appearance button. They are already ok with it than scrolling the arrow keys or pressing the button twice to know the caller and to answer the call.

Thanks pmcook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back