Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

monetor a call

Status
Not open for further replies.

slammer33

Vendor
Apr 20, 2009
US
what code or feature if any i can use or program if the custome or user want to parge in an active call to listen to the conversation the customer has MICS systems

Your system does have monitoring, dependant on the software level. Can you give us some specifics?

I have also been asked by various managers about being able to monitor calls for "training" purposes. What level of software does this start on CICS and MICS?

Thanks

I think 5.0 is when monitoring a Hunt group was introduced.
A Hunt Group is a cheep ACD built into the phone system but there is an actual Call Center that can be enabled in the Call pilot VM unit that also has monitoring calls.

but this is not a hunt group, it is a reqular call that is connect on a station( transfer call from reception)

look at the above link. you can clip it on at the blocks or set up a patch panel as shown.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

ya the only way to monitor a regular call without the use of hunt groups or call center is to use a third party monitoring system

HALLOWED ARE THE ORI

mike

I didn't pay attention to cook's original question. Sorry, without additonal hardware, Nortel restricts monitoring to hunt groups/ skillsets.

By changing the line(s) from Auto Privacy you can accomplish this. But the manager will need to mute their phone to not be heard in the background.

Yeah, a poor man's conference... Only problem with that is anyone can monitor everyone else's calls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back