Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

flexphil

Programmer
Feb 3, 2007
BE
Has anyone has the problem that the holdmusic file disappaers from the memory of the IPO?

When the ipo resets, it is loading the holdmusic file from the compactflash card.

Then it works for a month, or 2 months, ... and then the file is gone. Everything is working except the MOH.

Thx for your replies.

Philip

let monitor trace
then when it is gone you should see in monitor what did happen

When you say the file is gone, do you mean it has vanished from the flash card?

I cant see how a file could be deleted from the card.

The file is still on the card, but is removed from the memory off the ipoffice.

The file is removed from the memory of the IPO each time the control unit reboots.

It will download the file from the memory card every time it reboots, if it doesnt down load the file it wont work. This is "as per design".

On the System tab of the System form, set the TFTP Server IP Address to the control unit's own LAN1 IP address.

Send the configuration back to the IP Office system and allow it to reboot. The IP Office system will now look on the memory card for any files it needs to download following a reboot.

I'm using it as you described.

The first time, it works and the ipoffice download's the file. After a while, the customer reboots the system by cutting the power.

At this time, the file is still on the compact flash, but the ipoffice doesn't load it.

Thx for your reply.

Philip

Have you checked your file write IP address hasnt been changed for some reason?

Or does the IPO think something is plugged into the moh port?

No, the ip adress isn't changed.

There is nothing in the moh port.
The first month, there was something in the moh port, but after a month they've changed it to a compactflash card.

Thx for your reply,

Philip

PlatinumGuy: Setting the IPO as the TFTP server is a very dangerous thing. We had one customer over a year ago, using the version 3.1.29. Every time a digital phone checked for an upgrade, it would try to connect to the IPO and fail, and the IPO would not close the tftp session. After a day or two all 32 possible tftp sessions would be engaged, and no phone could get information from the IPO, leading to phones becoming off-line, forcing a reboot. Avaya might have had it fixed in newer versions, but I wouldn't risk it.

that it why you have to turn the "turn_off" batch file
then you turn of the tftp request of the digital phones

I apprec the point you are making but i said set the file writer ip address to be the IPO, not the tftp address.

Setting the file writer address as lan 1 is the way to load the holdmusic.wav from the embedded card.

Hang on a minute, i did say tftp didnt i.

I meant file writer.

Mucho apologies.

that is true
i did not read the treath complety today :)

This is what happens when you are taking upwards of 75 calls a day.

I have made the same mistake twice, on another thread i called a spectrum wallboard spectralink.

I need a holiday.

I dont mean to say i told you so but i was right in the first place, you do set the tftp address to be lan1 of the IPO if you want to load a moh file from the embedded card............
To configure the file source:

Start IP Office Manager and receive the IP Office configuration.

Display the System configuration form.

Click the System tab.

In the File Writer IP Address box, type the IP address of the PC from which sending files to the memory card will be allowed.

Use to send this configuration back to the control unit and allow it to reboot.

Open a command window in Windows.

From the command window, you can use TFTP to upload files to the memory card. For example:
c:\tftp -i 192.168.42.1 put c:\holdmusic.wav

This command will send the file c:\holdmusic.wav to the LAN1 IP address of the IP Office control. In the example shown this address is: 192.168.42.1. For additional information about the TFTP command, enter TFTP.

If a destination needs specifying, the memory card is treated as the IP Office's drive a:

Using IP Office Manager, receive the IP Office system configuration again.

On the System tab of the System form, set the TFTP Server IP Address to the control unit's own LAN1 IP address.

Use to send the configuration back to the IP Office system and allow it to reboot. The IP Office system will now look on the memory card for any files it needs to download following a reboot.

If a future upgrade or file transfer from the IP Office Manager PC is required, you will first need to change the IP address of the TFTP server back to the IP address of the IP Office Manager PC.

In your face kavsagol!

Thank you very much,

I will try it next time.

Philip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back