Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH on a cluster

Status
Not open for further replies.

wizkid66

Technical User
Jan 17, 2012
GB
Bit of advice please.

We currently have a 3300 MXe-III SW-ver 7.1 PR2.
We have an external MOH player that is plugged into the 3.5 jack socket on the back of the physical controller.

If we added a virtual controller (SW-ver TBC) and made a cluster, could we use the current MOH across both systems (i.e the one source)?

Many thanks,

Stuart.

No. The Virtual controller can only use an embedded audio file, or I think possibly a streaming source but I don't know of a way to make the 3.5" input on the other controller a streaming source.

Actually, the answer may be yes.

Your post isnt clear but it seems like you are saying that you are retaining the physical server. The MOH source can remain connected to that server.

Your post also doesn't indicate where your external calls enter the system. Assuming PRI on the physical server then yes the MOH source can be retained throughout the cluster via a COS option.

If you are migrating to SIP trunking to the virtual server then, no the existing MOH will have to change.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Because the outside caller will be on hold at the physical gateway where the MOH is?

You can't duct tape stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back