Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Help Server Edition vs Ip500 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYSTECH

Vendor
May 9, 2008
US
I am in process of setting a universal MOH and MOH just for HG. This is for a mix of IP500 and Sever Edition Primary and back Up)

I have 2 wav files I loaded them to the OPT/IPOFFICE/System/Primary Folder in all systems
Named them HoldMusic.wav and HoldMusic2.wav 9 using this file to be alternative Rebooted systems.

The IP500s will play both wave files *341# and *342# works like it should
The SE will only play *341# and when dialing *342# I just get system beeps instead of music.

Do I need to load the second wav file in a different directory like the mohwavdir?

Seems like it should work like the IP500's
Any help is appreciated.

Om I am stumped. I am unable to get alternative wav files to play. I tried loading them in the opt/ipoffice/tones/mohwavdir. and programing the Alternate source as follows
2 Music2 WAVDIR:

Does anyone have this working on Server edition? Would you share how you got it to work.

I was able to get the Alternate MOH to play on Server edition. The issue I had was a bit strange and it ended up being the properties of the wav file.

I had two wav files and they appeared to be in correct format.

PCM
8kHz 16 –bit
Mono
50 sec

Both Files worked in the IP500. Only 1 of them worked in server edition.

What I found in second file was under properties/audio the bit rate for one that worked was 128kbps and the one that did not was 705kbps.
I ran the second file through a converter program again and it changed bit rate to 128 and now both files work in Server edition

Nice monologue, and nice to post the solution too.
I have no experience with SE so i did not respond (i hate useless comment)

I try to Follow up with Solutions in case anyone runs into same issue. Thanks for Star

FWIW I had one customer who had profession voice MOH files made that refused to work. The company making the files even sent screenshots of their presets to me... .wav, mono, 16-bit, 8Khz sample rate... yet the bit rate would not show under file properties as 128kbps.

Turns out there was another setting for alaw vs. ulaw in whatever program the were using. Once they used ulaw, with the above presets, the bit rate was suddenly 128kbps.

Live and learn.

GB

As an FYI, IPO server edition comes with Sound eXchange (SoX). I was able to convert a non-working music-on-hold wav file directly on the server itself...

BEFORE:
[root@ipose primary]# soxi music.wav

Channels : 1
Sample Rate : 8000
Precision : 24-bit
Duration : 00:01:45.46 = 843675 samples ~ 7909.45 CDDA sectors
Sample Encoding: 32-bit Floating Point PCM

CONVERT:
[root@ipose primary]# sox music.wav -r 8000 -c 1 -e signed-integer -b 16 HoldMusic.wav trim 0 01:30

AFTER:
[root@ipose primary]# soxi HoldMusic.wav

Input File : 'HoldMusic.wav'
Channels : 1
Sample Rate : 8000
Precision : 16-bit
Duration : 00:01:30.00 = 720000 samples ~ 6750 CDDA sectors
Sample Encoding: 16-bit Signed Integer PCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor