Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MOH Audio Port not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsetcomp

MIS
Jan 17, 2005
US
I was using the internal MOH without a problem. The company wants a long music/message now (beyond 30 seconds) so I have to use the external audio.

So far I have removed my original MOH .wav file and rebooted the IPO 412. My internal MOH no longer plays when I use the *34 on a phone to listen to it so I think I removed it properly. I have also removed the TFTP program and the IP# of the TFTP server and rebooted.

When I plug in an audio cable from my CD player there is no audio being heard on *34 or when someone is placed on hold. I have tried different cables and made sure the audio signal is not being connected to the ground of the IPO. If I plug the CD cable into a test speaker or PC the sounds works fine. I have also tried a different CD player with a line out port and still have no sound in the IPO.

Do I have to use a mono-cable instead of the stereo cable? We have cut the stereo cable and tried flipping the signal wires in every combination to ensure we aren't connecting the audio to ground.

Any idea's on what I need to do to get it to work?

-E

External MoH will not play if an internal file is loaded so make sy=ure that this is definetly removed.

The MOH cable should be connected to the headphone jack on the CD Player. Make sutre that the volume is set loud enough once the disk is playing.

Also make sure that "Monitor" is off on MOH.

Had the same problem but after deleting the holdmusic.wav it took care of it.

I'd sure appreciate some additional info on what "Monitor" I need to turn off for external MOH to work.

-E

The model that we have has a monitor switch that allows you listen directly from the box. When "on" you can listen to the message from built in speakers. When "off" it plays it through the unit.

You might not have the feature on you particular model.

make sure the music source is working all the way to the jack that plugs into the ipo. move the holdmusic.wav file to another directory and reboot. there is nothing else to moh.

I had renamed the file to holdmusic.wav.old and rebooted. The *34 no longer played the music so I figured it was as disabled as being removed from the system. I'll reboot tonight and try again.

Has anyone had an actual dead port before?

-E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back