Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITELMAN HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

BIGLUCY

Technical User
Oct 29, 2003
US
Big Lucy needs your help again. From my previous post I have a MEM that seems to work like it should but will not go to the mailbox it justy reverts back to the auto-attendant. I'm going to have someone on site to morrow to reseat the MEM card what's your thoughts
As always thanks
BL

if you are directing this to mitelman I will stay out but if this is only on one extension a reseat is waste, the person going could be used to troubleshoot.

No your help is always appreciated it's system wide and I'm going thru the system log right now to see if anything is out of the ordinary
Thanks
BL

have you tried forwarding an extension to another extension with the same tenant and cos as the voicemail, doing that would eliminate those possibilities ?????

I did change the forward from the VM to the operator in CDE 19 and it went to the operator. It's acting like it has no intergartion

what cos and tenant was the operator, probably not the same as the vmail. Do you have remote access into that switch?

no it didnt I have set up new extensions and gave them different cos and tenant rerouting yes i\Im dialed in right now

try setting that up and change in form 19 and see what happens

BIGLUCY there are a few things that you might want to try. If you are going to have someone reseat the card tomorrow it won't hurt it and it will either correct it or it won't! Other possibilities are deleting the mailbox and recreating it, or testing what happens if you call the extension from another phone and let it ring; does it go to voicemail then, or just to the AA. From your other posts and thread I couldn't tell if this was tried.

Finally. we had a site running 4.03 the would not transfer from a tree to and extension and go to its mailbox. Mitel told us to upgrade the software to 4.11. This may be related if you are at that version.

I did try all the above deleteing recreating and still wont go to a mailbox the upgrade sounds like it could be it
Thanks all

did this ever work???? and are you sure the cos of the vmail is correct

yes I compared it with 4 other sites

did it ever work from install or did it start to fail? I have quite a few sites running 4.03 and they work great.

this site is running 4.01 with a tree

Now I find out that everything was working fine till 2 months ago they were having trouble with people getting locked out and someone went into the switch and changed something that corrected that but caused this, I had the onsite tech reseat the MEM and even powered doen the switch looks like there's something in software either added or deleted looks like lots of e-doc's for BL

what did you say happens if you call vmail from an extension that has a mbox, does it recognize the extension?
Mitel had a bulletin about this that I recall, let me know.

Yes it reconizes from the extension but not after forwarding I just called the mgr's DID and it went to the A/A if I call the A/A and put in the extension # it goes back to A/A like it doesn't have intergration

yes from an extension it will go to the mailbox

I would say there is something in the programing of your trunks that is stopping it. Check the cos of the trunks or the form 30 for a restriction. If extension to extension works the mail is ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back