Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX-200 SMDR port?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjohnston20

Technical User
Nov 18, 2013
US
How can I find out which port is set as SMDR on my SX-200? I'm trying to connect Call accounting back. someone disconnected it a while back I guess.

Thanks! is there a way to test it, like force the SX-200 to output something? also mine is set to the printer output. would I use a standard serial cable (9pin to 25pin adapter) or would it need to be a null modem?

in form 34 if you have "CDE Data Print: set to the printer port you could form 32 and print a form of your choice

I think standard to a DTE device

In form 34 I have the following
EXT NUM = Printer Port
PRINTOUT = SMDR
PRINTOUT TYPE = Auto Print
GUARANTEED - No

CDE Data Print is set to a 3 digit extension number.

I just want to figure out a way to test and make sure its Sending data out that port. because I hooked it up to that port last night, and it just says 0 calls... which is kinda odd.

change the CDE Data Print to the printer port, test and change back to the extension number

So it looks like nothing is outputting. I hooked up a generic SMDR program and connected to the SX-200 via serial cable, I then made a test call from a room, and no data. I have it set to 1200 8 N 1 is that correct, or should it be 9600?

do you have SMDR in the trunk group, it will be at the top of the form, form 16

I would still do a form print like I suggested, that eliminates any SMDR programming that is missed and proves out your port settings

I got it! I used a SMDR program and just did test calls from a room and I got stuff to port into the program, but not my call accounting device, so I think my device is just toast. I found it on a shelf covered in dust... lol that explains why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back