Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX-200 Room Status change on PMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjohnston20

Technical User
Nov 18, 2013
US
I have a mitel SX-200. I have this hooked up to my Opera PMS system and when guests check in and out the phone system is updated accordingly. I know there is a way to allow housekeepers dial a number in the room to change a room status from dirty to clean etc. But its not working.

I did check
107 is set to disabled
108 is set to enabled (I figure this is correct since I want it to tell my PMS system about the change)

I have codes set in Opera *21 for clean ocupied *22 for dirty ocupied, etc.

But when I pick up a room phone and dial *22 nothing happens. do I need to dial something first, or what am I missing?

I did notice also the below

27 (Room Status Audit) is disabled
33 (Room Status) is disabled
34 (Auto Room Status...) is disabled

do you have option 244 disabled in the cos of the rooms? When you dial the "maid in room" access code then do you press 1 for present, or 2 for clean etc.?

No, I'm very new to this. I did more digging over teh weekend on this site, and found the "Maid In Room" you just mentioned. my PMS system is set to *21 for clean occupied. So now that I know the maid in room code, do I dial the maid in room code, followed by the full PMS code? For example, if my maid in room code was #1 would I dial #1*21 in order to mark the room as clean occupied in my PMS system?

if *2 is your maid in room code from form 2 then you would dial *2 plus the condition code you have set up with the pms vendor i.e. *2 plus 1 or *21 for maid is present in room

Ok, so my maid in room code is #1
My Clean Occupied "Entry-Code" as shown in PMS is 1
So my code I dial from the room should be #11

I think I get it now. Thanks!!

We have been dialing that, but for some reason the room status doesn't change for us... anything Else I need to check?

you can change the condition of the room, clean, not clean, maid present etc but not the occupancy. Confirm with your pms vendor the status codes they have match yours.

Assuming you are using it correctly, but only Maid In Room codes are failing a likely candidate is the System option has been accidentally changed.

Make sure option 108 in form 4 is still enabled (Not 107 lodging)

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back