Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel SX-200 analog/digital trunks lost DTMF 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tdpandya

Programmer
Aug 3, 2003
US
I am working on a old SX-200 analog/digital cabinet & customer lost dtmf dialing yesterday.
Customer can receive calls but dials out on rotary.Check the trunk polarity seems fine.
Any help would appriciate.

You'll have to be more specific when using the word "old", some of us date back to the SX-10

Assuming the SX-200 analog cabinet rev 217

That system had a separate receiver card.

On any Mitel system, receivers are required for DTMF

You can set the trunks to dial out using pulse dialing.

Better info = better answers

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thank you kwbMitel.My bad.
Yes it's sx-200 with rev.217. The cabinet has a two digital interface cards 9108-002-000. There is scanner card which has 9110-10-000 on it.
How do I fix this problem?. Is it a bad card or programming?.DTMF tone is lost suddenly.No change on the trunk side.
I really appriciate your feedback.

I could have sworn there was a receiver card

I might be the scanner card I'm thinking of but I'm not sure

I also can't remember what the digital interface cards do. May e give us the slot positions of these cards

I would be thinking about resetting the system. That being said, I would be VERY concerned about the batteries on the CPU holding the programming. If you know how to get a data dump from the system, I suggest that you do so

If you don't, you have my sympathy

the receiver card has a blue tab on it and should be in positions 12, 13 or 14 I believe.

panadabear1,
There is no receiver card that I can see. THere are 10 line circuit cards (9110-110),two Digital interface cards (yellow tab)
scanner card (orange tab)& a peripheral card (red tab) in the bottom self & 2 co trunk circuit cards 9110-211-000 & a trunk circuit (4 trunk) card 9110-011 & I dont know what does this card do?
Thanks for your reply.

I always had either a dual or a quad receiver card installed for DTMF tones, never installed one without.

do you have a tone control card as this card has the DTMF generator on it?

then I don't have a clue how the site was sending out DTMF tones.

if you put a test phone on the trunks ahead of the switch can you tone out?

yes,We called ATT to verify the trunk. They came & did it.

If this is a G217 SX-200A nalog why do you have the Digital Interface cards?

Sounds like a 480 system with floppy drives? Do you have a main control card or a Digital Bay?

dtmf, if I recall, comes from the main control card. also check your trunk circuit descriptors and class of service

As mentioned, if you have a digital bay, this is not a 217

It's been soooo long since I've touched on of those.

Bottom line were still talking about receivers

I'd still be thinking about a reset. Not as concerned about batteries as long as you can get a backup on the disks first

I have seen the drives fail on boot up though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back