Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Ring Groups across multiple switches

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommylux

Technical User
Apr 16, 2008
GB
Is it possible to have clustered ring group?

Despite I have programmed the Secondary Element in the ring group, only phones on the local switch ring. This has got to be possible?

Tom

From the Release notes

NOTE

While ring groups can contain network members, only local group membership
is displayed in this form.

*bump*

OK.. I can live with that, but what im disappointed with is; It looks like cascade ring groups calls the first available member. From the top of the list.. "Poor Joe Blogs keeps getting all the calls!"

If this is the case, I have to use hunt groups. But unfortunately, the call doesn’t hunt around till the call gets answered in the same way that the ring group does..

It looks like I can’t get the call to hunt around. I'll just have to program a Call Routing 1st and 2nd alternative.

Why is it so complicated!

Do you have to use a cascading ring group? What about a broadcast ring group (rings all members simultaneously)?

They dont want all phones to ring. But I think they are happy with hunt group (only ring 1 other member) before going to voicemail (1st alternative.)

Tom

have achieved cascade ringing in hunt groups with acd path as part of the programming. worked like a charm however the call 'times out' after hunting between roughly 5 or so phones.

basically use the acd path to re-introduce the call back to the hunt group using the hunt group's first alternative.

if the extension is dialed you could achieve the same with 1st alt to the path

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back