Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MiB Rel.8.0 | 5320 IP getting Unprogrammed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starc

Technical User
May 17, 2017
IN
Hi All,
Currently there mitel 8.0 system & also other system in cluster.
Now issue is all user are programmed as hot desk.
Now new user has joined office, I have shared user extension & PIN number.
But on user ip phone user is unable to get hot- desk key when boot up.
Further I have scan 5320 user mac address under Maintenance & Diagnostis > All ip telephone.
For this mac address, it's show state as "Unprogrammed"
& Registration reason = Unknown.
Ip phone has got IP address from DHCP server.
What must be issued & should I change 5320 ip phone or any thing can be done in Mitel MiB 3300 system.
Thank you in advance, for any suggestions.

I may be wrong here (as the last I touched a 5320 was ages ago) I don't think these handsets will boot up with the hotdesk key function. I can only remember seeing this function on the 5330 handsets and of course the 69XX series.

You may need to configure a hotdesking key on the set.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

what does show when the phone boots - has the mac address already been registered on the system

hotdesk softkey is the result of the cos of the extension associated with the device
check teh extension number shown , check its cos , make sure it has hot desk enabled

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you guys for ur inputs

@Valamagules
5320 has got the ip from DHCP server.
What do you mean by registering, because unless user enter extension & pin how ip phone will register. Correct if I am wrong.
Talking about configuration hot desk on handset.
Normally on other users hot desk key reflect on any new connected ip phone.
On this it show message " use hold key to send pin.
Also you said to configure hot desk , is it possible to set from Web based login of ip phone?

@Billz66
I have checked extension & it's COS.
COS has hot desk features enabled.

@Starc
All phones need to register to the Mitel system before they can be used regardless if they are hotdesk or non-hotdesk.

When the phone says "use hold key to send on", this means that the phone is waiting for this registration.
For hotdesk phones you will need to register first a base DN, normally this is done by auto registration if it is enabled.

To auto-register, you basically need to enter the registration code followed by the RED (Hold) key.
Only after this step, you will be able to log in as a hotdesk.

In the olden days (pre-7.0 I think), you will need to configure a base DN manually and register to the device before you can hotdesk in.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

thats the key statement
" use hold key to send pin.

that means this is a new device whose mac address inst registered in the pabx

you have 2 choices
register it as an auto assigned device only - normally just enter *** HOLD and the system will allocate one ( if its configured to do so)

OR
program either a device only extension number with phone type matching the device ,for example 5320 device only ext 2*001 COS that has hot desk enabled
then use ***2*001 HOLD to set that to the device
then the phone should show as ext 2*001 and have a hotdesk key that you can use to login the user

- pretty much what starc said above

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Thank you guys for your time.
Issue is resolved after 1st registering base extension with mac address & hot desk extension using login pin.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back