Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel MCD7.2 No MWi

Status
Not open for further replies.

drwats1

Technical User
Nov 26, 2018
GB
Hello guys
I'm pulling my hair out on this one, and there isn't much to pull.
Customer has 5330 and 5324 handsets.
Embedded voicemail on the mitel 3300.
VMail MWi wasn't working on MCD7.1 so upgraded to 7.2 and still the same issue.
We have also setup vmail from scratch via the admin mailbox.
We can turn on and off the mwi via the feat access code.
Port 20 of the vmail is in the vmail hunt group and call coverage is 1 although have never had to set that before.
Although there is a new message in the voicemail box there is no mwi on the phone.
It's like the phones have automatically logged into visual vmail and then you can't use MWi.
Is there a way of checking visual vmail login or even disable it through the Mitel?
Thanks for any help!

In the VOICEMAIL form, check the value of the VisuakVOicemail Hunt Group

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

The visual vmail number is correct but how does that have an impact on the Mwi which is not working

Is MESSAGE WAITING enabled in the VOIEMAIL PORTS COS? Try enabling it in the COS for the HUNT GROUP as well

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

Have you try the maintenance command:

upgrade bootrom all?

Do you know where/how to pull the diag.dat file off of the Vmail? Filename = /vmail/c/voxdrv/diag.dat

If so, grab that file and search for the MWI-On and MWI-Off commands

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

What type of system? (MXe, CX or AX)
MXe = 30 VM ports
CX = 4 or 16 VM ports
AX = 20 VM ports

Thanks guys!
It’s a MXe2.
I’m not sure if the upgrade bootroom all will make a difference but it doesn’t harm.
Diag.dat, I’ve never looked at this so a possibility in the morning.
Will report back

Hello guys
In /vmail/c/voxdrv/diag.dat it is telling me the MWi (on/off) feature access codes are not configured.
They are in the FAC as *90# and *91#.
I've deleted them and put them back in. BUT
How do I get voicemail to recognise these codes?

Hi
When comparing our 3300 with the faulty one.
it would appear that voxdrv.cfg appears to be missing from the faulty one.
Can I copy the one of ours onto the faulty one if so what are the commands to get the file off ours and then put it back onto the faulty one?
Thanks!

Try changing the codes to a simpler value.

I'm not sure what the # might do as the last character but my gut says that's a bad idea

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back