Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel Communications Service V4.1 to 4.3 Upgrade Software Assurance

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrDanUk

Vendor
Oct 22, 2014
GB
Hi

I have been helping with a Mitel 5000 where the software assurance briefly lapsed but has now been renewed and is showing in AMC (Supplier sent me screenshot)

We need to update MCS to 4.3 to take advantage of some new features and this was originally activated with a site ID and serial number as far as I can see - I have the original Cert

when I run the upgrade it warned me about assurance being in place, which from everything I have read is covered under the main application record ID, is this correct?

When i tell MCS to sync it tells me that there has been no change to the licence file and we can only run V4.2.

Am I just being impatient as its not been 24 hours since AMC was updated? Or am I barking up the wrong tree and the upgrade isn't covered? My thought is i'm unsure how the site ID and Application ID are tied together?

Any thoughts much appreciated before I attempt to roll back!

AMC will be related to the MiVO250 this will allow you to upgrade S/W on the phone system.
MCS is another licensing server (Xarios to be more specific).

ARID is Phone System
Site ID is for the MCS application.

MCS is a Xarios product that is rebranded Mitel.

You need to renew the SWA on the Xarios product.

Thanks, Do you know if this is done through the AMC portal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back