Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 International calling

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbxnkey

Programmer
Aug 15, 2006
US
I have a customer that states they cannot dial International.
I have checked programming and there are currently no COS assigned to phones nor trunk groups.
This was an upgrade to the 5000 from a previous Intertel product.
The programming was migrated so no programming was changed as to restrictions. They state they were able to dial Intl before the upgrade.

Is there anything I am missing? I have not worked on this in a while but I am skimming through the manual to see if I find something.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

If this was a PRI, you would want to check you call type for international, probably needs set to unknown.

I am looking at that now. Should Number Plan and Type of Number both be set to unknown?

I noticed that Ten Digit Local Calls and Private Network Calls are set to Unknown Unknown.

I changed Type of Number to Unknown and they are able to dial out now.
That does not make sense to have that defaulted to a setting that would restrict you from dialing out.

Thank for your suggestion!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back