Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 6.0 On-Hold Tones

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkimmer

Technical User
Jan 12, 2007
US
Greeting all.....

I have a customer that when they place a call on-hold they don't hear any kind of tone that the caller has been waiting on-hold or anything. Can the Mitel 5000 do this? Im having issues finding it

Thanks

In the trunk group you have the option to set the hold tone to Ticks

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

So with this setting the person will hear on the Mitel phone that a caller has been on-hold for a certain time?

Sorry, no I misunderstood your question.

How are the call being placed on Hold?

Red Key?

Other?

They using the Transfer to Hold from what they are telling me. Not sure what that is since im very green on these systems

I do not know what that means either although I suspect that they are using phantom keys as secondary line keys as hold keys.

I suggest you wait for a second opinion.

The M5000 can transfer a call to hold on a station rather than transferring to be connected. It allows them to retrieve the call from personal hold rather than a system based hold when ready to take the call. Not a bad feature.

Check the stations 'Audio for calls holding for this device' parameter. It may be set to silence.

Are you looking for a tone to remind the user that a call has been placed on hold?

Not a tone for the caller to hear whilst they are on hold?

If it's the first scenario, RECALL timer??

Yes the first one.... but they dont want the call to recall back.... they just want some tone alert that the call has been on-hold

Can't think of a way to do this for you unfotunately, you could turn on Green LEDs which makes it a bit more obvious that the call key that's flickering away is your own held call.

Yeah this will not work for them.... they really dont look down at the phone. I can't believe this system does not offer that. Oh well. Thanks anyways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back