Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 with AudioCodes MediaPack 11x (MPX-11x) SIP Registration issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

topazdemon

IS-IT--Management
Nov 7, 2012
US
I am new to posting in these forums (I have used the information found here on occasion though!), so please forgive me if this is the wrong area of the site.

Our VOIP network uses Mitel 3300 controllers, and some areas are using the analog media gateways made by AudioCodes, MPX-11(1 &8)

Some of these MPX units are getting the following error, and I can find it in the manual, but there is very little information:

Major Board#1 Controller failure alarm BusyOut Line 7 Registration failure 5.1.2000 , 17:29:20.0

On the phone controller side, I see this in the maintenance logs:
Unusual SIP Registration Activities, 3179140 '404 Not Found' responses. Registration to sip:1007@x.x.x.18/sip:1007@x.x.x.18 was just attempted by SrcIP[x.x.x.18:5060] ViaIP[x.x.x.18:5060] ContactIP[x.x.x.18:5060]. Since the last log there have been 37 other log requests for 'not found' failures. Check the address to see if it is valid.

I 'x'ed out the first 3 octets of the address, but they are all the IP of the device.

The contractor has no idea and hasn't contacted MPX support (we don't have a support contract directly to AudioCodes).

Any help you guys can give would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob

404 not found error are generally created when a SIP set attempts to register to a DN that does not exist in the PBX as a SIP use in this case the system is saying that a SIP device attempted to register with the PBX as DN 1007 but the system refused as it is not aware of a SIP user with the DN 1007

Topazdemon,

On the endpoint form of the MP11x make sure that the channel box,phone number, huntgroup id and profile ID are empty on the ports wich are not used. When the channel box is filled in the MP11x will try to register with default destination number + port id. The default destination number is default 1000. In your case port number 8 is not in use. (1000 is port 1, 1001 is port 2, .....1007 is port 8). Make sure you clear all the boxes on port 8 and then submit.

Thank you MitelAppie! That stopped the errors and cleared the alarm. [2thumbsup]
-Rob

MitelAppie,

Would you know any details about this alarm?

Major Board#1/analogports#1 Analog Port High Temperature. 6.1.2000 , 19:11:59.0

I moved the unit to allow for better ventilation, but the alarm doesn't seem to clear.

Thanks,

Topazdemo,

We had this problem with a MP124 and it's being replaced by the dealer. So I recommend to contact your Audiocodes dealer.

Alarm description from manual:
Description Indicates that the analog FXS port has high temperature
SNMP Alarm acAnalogPortHighTemperature
SNMP OID 1.3.6.1.4.1.5003.9.10.1.21.2.0.47
Alarm Title Analog Port High Temperature
Alarm Source Port#<m> where m is the analog port number
Alarm Type Physical Violation
Probable Cause Equipment Malfunction
Severity Major on raise, Clear on clear

Thanks MitelAppie! I will contact our contractor today!

MitelAppie,

I have a fax tied to one of the MP-118 units. The machine can send a fax out (both internal and external machines). When I try to send a fax to the machine it never goes through. I called the machine from an extension and it rings about 7 times and then beeps quickly twice. After a few seconds of silence with a bit of noise, the call disconnects.

I tried another machine on the line and same result. This makes me think it has something to do with the MP-118 unit.

I tried a different fax on another MP-118 and it worked. The settings on the two MP-118's seem to match but I might be missing something.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back