Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Wireless/Mobile Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Moreno

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2024
US
Is there a way to change the caller ID into Mitel 3300 for wireless/mobile numbers coming in?
Thanks!

If you are referring to random external callers coming and somehow identify that they are mobile and then update caller ID - I am pretty sure the answer is no. There are some settings for EHDU users.

You can play with the Display section in the class of service to change how numbers/caller id are displayed to phones.

Generally if there is no caller ID present I believe that the system sends the trunk name.

Thanks,

You can change the CallerID displayed on inbound calls using "Inward Dialing Modification", then apply that to the SIP Trunk (Assuming SIP)

We use this to display the correct number coming in so that we can call back a missed call.

e.g. in Australia (Telstra) a call usually come in with 9 digits NXXXXXXXX, we use dialing modification to insert a 0 so that it can be called back as our dialing plan is usually 10 digits 0N XXXX XXXX

You would just need to create a rule to match the number to modify.

I'm not sure if this is what you're asking.

When I call the main number and press my extension number using my mobile it displays on Mitel IP Phone "wireless caller"
In avaya systems under there is a way to change wireless caller to whatever caller ID we want thru our systems.
For Example:
If call main (800) number using my mobile and press my extension instead of showing "wireless caller" I can change it to "Jose Moreno's Mobile" under Phone Directory in avaya IP Office 6.0 but Mitel looks a little difficult to tell the system what you want to tag the mobile caller.

Alpha Tagging is Mitel's name for this. You put special entries in the Telephone Directory for the external numbers. Look up the details in the online help under System Features -> Features A to B -> Alpha Tagging.

IT WORKED!!!!! WOW
I had to add the following sysmbol in order to tag what i want.
Thanks!!!!!

91~6135922122

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back