Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 Voicemail to Email Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

ibitebcareful

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2010
US
Hello All,
I have a Mitel 3300 Phone System which I know little about. I have a pretty basic network. On the network is a Sonicwall Firewall, Several HP ProCurve Switches configured for VLAN's, Exchange Server, etc.

I am replacing the Sonicwall Firewall with a Cisco ASA 5510. The Cisco has been configured in every way I can think of to look just like the Sonicwall. Same IP, same routes, same everything. The idea was to swap the two and not have to change any of the other systems on the network. It worked great except for the Voicemail to email from the Mitel. That has stopped working for some reason.

Old Firewall is a Sonicwall 192.168.0.50
New Firewall is a Cisco ASA 5510 192.168.0.50
Obviously I don't have them connected at the same time.
They both have a route to the phone system. 10.10.1.3

There is a switch with a VLAN on my network 192.168.0.1

The only thing I am doing is unplugging the Sonicwall from the switch and plugging in the Cisco.
Once I do that -the voicemail to emails stop working.
I can still ping 10.10.1.3 from my network and access the phone systems web page 10.10.1.3

So the route is good. But I can no longer ping from the phone system to 192.168.0.25 which is my mail server but I can ping the switch which is 192.168.0.1

So confused as to WHY this isn't working.

Logs:
Unexpected Result->Cvm_server_tbl::GetLocalRecord() Failed to find a local record. Check the NVM Servers table to make sure that there is a local record.

CSMTPClientMsg::processResult - Failed sending Voice Mail to Email: From Vpim: To Mailbox: 631 To Domain: someone@us.com File Name: N_V4ba34425.0cd.

CSMTPClientMsg::processResult - Look into SOCKET error number <60> <0> bytes transferred.

CSMTPClientMsg::EstablishSMTPSession Connect socket of <10.10.1.3> to server <192.168.0.25> failed: errno <60> Look into IP programming in ESM menu System Options. If IP is OK then server is not ready.

Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

a couple ideas:

I would guess the server had the sonicwall as the default route and perhaps it was doing some routing (which the ASA will not do).

1) Make sure the HP switch has the new ASA as the default route.

2) Make sure the email server has the HP switch (192.168.0.1) as its default gateway

3) Make sure the phone system is using the switch as its default gateway (I assume it is).

I am assuming number 2 above is your issue. The ASA will route Internet traffic to either vlan but it will not route between vlans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back