Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 VM to E-mail Embedded

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkimmer

Technical User
Jan 12, 2007
US
I have a customer that is wanting to set up vm to e-mail or is it possible. I think I had asked one time before for another customer and I was told that they have to have a local email server on the same network or local to even do this but I’m not sure.
I asked the customer what they are using >>> office365 hosted via Microsoft
The docs are Chinese to me when I try to look at how to understand the set up and so forth and I'm not savy on the e-mail lingo so if this is possible I guess I need to know what to ask the customer for and how to set this up on the Mitel in a "for dummies" type format LOL

We have a 3300 CX-II 8.0 PR2 / 14.0.0.95

The 3300 has no way natively to authenticate to an email server.

You will require something local to act as a SMTP relay to provide proper authentication to office365 to accept the message.

Depending on your internet provider, they might have a SMTP relay that you can use.

If you have an MBG server, it can be used as a relay

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Thanks kwbMitel.... How could I have found this out. I was looking for docs but could never find one. Maybe you just know this from experience .

Thanks

Experience, Time and multiple failures

Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex… It takes a touch of genius – and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back