Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - upgrade issue from 4.0 to 7.2 (standalone)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilbert28

Technical User
Dec 2, 2013
GB
Hello,
Set up:
We have a 3300 running release 4.0
We have been sent a new system with release 7.2 preinstalled with license (new vendor).

We want to backup the database from the "old" machine and restore the "new" machine.

Pre-migration on the release 4.0 machine is OK (did get notifications about numbers not being in Teldir but these are speed list entries and according to the blurb can be ignored.)

DBMS checks and save Ok

Backup is fine.

Trying to restore directly on "new" machine fails with a pop up box showing this message: "The backup file was created on a system where the Telephone Directory entries were synchronised differently. Restored failed."

Trying to restore using the latest install manager on "new" machine fails with a pop up box showing this message: "The software version running requires SDS as the sync mode. The backup file specified was created on a non sds sytem. Please select a valid db backup file."

It is not possible at this moment to alter the software levels on the "old" machine.

(Is it possible to turn the SDS off on the new machine, not required, and restore... Would that work if possible... If so where is this done.)

Any pointers would be appreciated.
Thanks for your time.
Gilbert.

Did you migrate the DB on the rel 4.0?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for replying.
What do you mean exactly?
I ran the premigration on the rls 4.o (as above)
I backed it up.
I attempted a restore on the rel 7.2

Am I missing something.
Please excuse my ignorance here.

You ran the premigration check, did you actually migrate the DB though.

Hello,
Thanks for the reply.
I am obviously missing something very fundamental here.

I cannot take the existing system off line or upgrade any software on the existing switch.
I ran the pre-migration and took a dump.

I need to get that data (foreign data?) onto a new machine.

Are you able to provide me with a step by step guide regarding the migration.?

The old software is obviously non SDS whereas the new software is SDS.

Thank you
Gilbert

Pre-Migration only determines whether or not the DB can be migrated.

The DB MUST be migrated prior to upgrading

You Migrate the system via the SDS Form Sharing form. (Not 100% sure on this, depends on Specific SW level of 4.0)

You can Migrate the DB while the system is running

Once the DB is Migrated you should always get a new backup before upgrading

Once you have your new backup, you can proceed with your upgrade.

Note:You should have a backup pre-migration too. There is no going back otherwise.
What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

OK I would load the latest 4.0 SP4 on the new controller and then upgrade that instead if you don't want to do anything to the existing controller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back