Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 system - Call rerouting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stizuner

Technical User
Nov 5, 2007
US
Hello, We have a 3 location company. All offices are running 3300 ICP. All 3 locations have att consoles at the reception area.

We will call office 1 (v) office 2 (r) office 3 (c)

I have setup a route in (c) switch to reroute all calls for the mainline/receptionist to loc (r) receptionist.

This works fine, except. Randomly 2 users at location (v) are getting calls every once in awhile that originally dialed into location (c).

I cannot find the 2 extensions from location (v) in either switch (c) or (r), the only place they are listed in those switches is the remote directory number.

Any ideas on what is happening?

Is it possible that there are ext's at (c) that are forwarded to the 2 users at (v)? Can you go back and read SMDR logs to match the numbers of the 2 ext's at (v)?

I believe i have corrected the issue. In the logs I found that the calls that were having the issue were actually people using an old office number from before we bought that location. So no reroute was set for that line. Once i rolled that into the reroute tables the users in location (v) have not received a single call.

Thanks for the feedback.

The expression around here for that one is..

PEBKAC (problem exists between keyboard and chair)

;)

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back