Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Phones accessing V/M by pressing #

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Moreno

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2024
US
Can someone tell me why a few Mitel IP phones are able to access Voicemail by pressing the # and majority of the rest of the say "NOT ALLOWED". All IP Phones are Mitel 5320 and same network why would one extension be "NOT ALLOWED" and a few would not, any ideas? Thanks in advanced!

Not Allowed" is a COS or COR restriction issue, usually.

Can you elaborate on the issue? Is this users accessing their voicemail box by pressing #? Or is this callers calling into a mailbox and while listening to the greeting and pressing #

To piggy back on AH64Armament, and assuming the # is being pressed to get to the login, it is likely that the user has set up an "away from Office" message which makes the greeting uninterruptable.

A few users can access V/M by pressing # and 20-30 users when they press # it says "NOT ALLOWED"
How can this feature be ALLOWED for the end user?

Jose,
When are they pressing "#"? I'm trying to understand if they are picking up their handset and getting dial tone, then pressing # to access voicemail... or are they calling into their mailbox and pressing #.

What is saying "not allowed"? The display of the phone? or is the voicemail speaking "not allowed"?

Can you replicate this?

If you'd like to work on this directly, I can help. Message me with your phone number.

AH64Armament
Picking up handset and pressing # should direct you to voicemail box but it does not, it says "NOT ALLOWED" on the screen and just beep constantly like there is no access.
Pressing the # without picking up handset the speaker will make the same noice and says "NOT ALLOWED" but 2-3 extensions are allowed and goes to voicemail box
Will definitely send you a message, thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back