Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 Outgoing Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoAddict

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2009
CA
Hi all,

I recently switched over to SIP trunks from a PRI. Before the move our outbound caller ID said Private Number when dialing out. Now it says Anonymous and I've been told I can't change what it says. Is this true? What forms should I be looking at for changing outbound caller ID on SIP Trunks?

If you need any other info, please let me know.

Thanks!

Hi guys,

I found the solution, you need to set "Use P-Asserted-Identity Header" to yes in the SIP Peer Profile form.

My phone tech guys say they called Mitel and Mitel told them it couldn't be done. Not sure who to believe.

Thanks!

Think what they meant is that Anonymous is not sent from the Mitel so you can't change that word. By making the change I think you are getting the carrier to do something different.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back