Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL 3300 - ON HOLD MESSAGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernscum

IS-IT--Management
Mar 30, 2012
CA
Hi there
how do I set up an on hold message telling callers PLEASE HOLD your call is important to us.
Right now when you put someone on hold its nothing but dead air.

RAD is the answer but I have always been sure that there is a better way to set them up than I know; hence perhaps someone elses input would be better.
But..
Recorded Announcement Device - Pick an embedded Voicemail port - not the 1st or last - go for a middle one (eg if 501 to 504 pick 502) Remove it from the Voice Mail Group, Create a COS with RAD options enabled, Create a RAD Hunt Group and put 502 in it and make phase timer be 1 second. Do a 1st Alternative reroute to this hunt group and point your incoming calls to it. Then spend 3 to 4 hours playing with the timers in the COS of the Rad Port and recording the various messages (set up can be done via touch tone in the V/mail or using the usual ESM GUI.
RAD's tend to look up / DND / RTNR so put more than 1 RAD port in your hunt group if possible.
Or
Wait for the right answer from another Mitel person

A RAD is not Hold. I think what you're asking for is what's labelled 'Music On Hold', but maybe you'd better be more clear on what you want. If someone calls in and you press 'Hold' on your set, then that's Music on Hold. If you want your incoming calls to get re-routed to an automated response, then that's the RAD. Different beasts.

Hey there
what is happening is that students are calling Student Services and when they put them on hold they get dead air. I'd like to have some sort of message that says "Please hold, your call will be answered". Right now it gets nothing. I do know we have an external recordable device that I can record my voice. But how to set it up?

As IrwinMFletcher rightly says - it sounds like you want Music on Hold - MoH - (once the Mitel phone person has put them on hold)
Either an external MoH source (eg CD Player plugged into the Cinch (?) socket at the back of the Mitel plus a bit of programming to state that the music on hold source is External and the port that it is on is some sort of analogue trunk*
or
upload a WAV file (look for system audio settings or something similar)
Wav files have to be in a very specific format and then, in order to upload them, you normally have to lower all internet settings (tools, options, trusted sites, add the Mitel ip address, lower the settings to lowest)
*All exact info is in the help / admin once you are connected to the Mitel.
You can download a converter form the internet - such as "ease audio converter" which will convert a standard music file to a Mitel-compatible one - the size of it normally has to be quite small.
Als,. similar to the the CD player option, set the music on hold source to embedded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back