Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 MXe - Memory allocation

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuanCarli

Technical User
Jul 30, 2007
IT
Hi to everybody,
I need to increase the maximum number of short numbers I can store on my pbx. I've seen there is a way to change the database memory allocation but the procedure involves a backup and reload of the entire system database. Is it a safe / normal procedure? I' ve already tried to do the test with a siutable mix of memory allocation and the test passed correctly, so I think the upgrade ca be done without any pain.
Does anyone tried this procedure can give me a feedback of the possible issues?
I have a system with 70 IP extensions.

Luan

OK, just to be sure we're talking about the same thing.

Short numbers = System speedcalls (default 1000, max 3000)

you want to redimension the system to allow more speedcalls >1000

This being the case,
- Backup the system prior to making any changes
- Redimension the system (I suggest borrowing from account codes)
- Reboot system

You should not need to restore the DB

All future upgrades need to be very careful to maintain the dimension changes.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

You've hit the question, thank you. I imagine this kind of operation it's a bit delicate so, I ask you if you ever did such thing. I have no experience on mitel systems, but 17 years on Samsung, Ericsson, Panasonic, Nortel and Avaya systems, so I'm a little bit in trouble to do this as a customer asked me to do. When you change the memory allocation and the system reboots it loose the configuration and the ip addressing so a reload of the backup is needed? What about licensing on the system?

Sorry to bother you...

Luan

It's actually quite simple to implement but needs care to maintain.

The form is called Dimension Selection

It will display a
- Default Dimension
- Current Free Memory
- New Free Memory
- Datestamp

Each dimensional field will tell you how many each unit costs (memory) and how many are allocated

System Speed Call is typically : 12 ea and 1000 Allocated (differs by system type)

To boost the speedcalls to 2000 you need to free up 12,000 bytes from somewhere else. (or 24,000 to get 3000)

My favourite source is independant account codes (verified account codes) which are seldom used and even then rarely in large quantities. The default for them is also 12 bytes(convenient math) but they have 11000 units by default. Reducing independant account codes to 9000 allows increasing speedcalls to 3000.

Once you have done this, the totals at the top should remain unchaged except for the timestamp.

It will not be active until a reboot.

[red]ALL FUTURE UPGRADES[/red] - will need to choose the appropriate source for dimensioning restoration.

[highlight]GET A BACKUP[/highlight] both before and after making these changes.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks a lot, if you need on the systems I know feel free to ask.

Luan

When you adjust system totals be away something else will change. i.e to increase one thing you have to decrease another.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back