Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 MXe - Audio file issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCCU

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2012
I have a Mitel 3300 MXe system and it seems that each time I upload a new audio.wav file to the Music and Alternate Audio Source the playback quality gets worse and worse. Does anyone have a solution for this? I have verified that the format of the .wav file is CCITT A-Law, 8.000 kHz, 8 bit, mono. It uploads fine but the quality of the playback is horrible. However, if I play the .wav file using Windows Media Player it's fine??? Any help is appreciated...

Thanks.

Hi , I have had a system where the quality of the File was degrading and an Upgrade of the system solved the problem . I would say that even to Reinstall the same software would do the trick as your recreating the partitions on the Hard Drive.

Define 'horrible'. Remember that you are comparing the output of a phones speaker to that of your pc, not the same thing.

The only thing that can degrade the 'quality' of the file is if it goes through any compression. Any chance you are listening to it on a phone that is using G729?

If it's G711, take a wireshark trace of the music at the phone and then play it back, then you'll take the speakers out of the comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back