Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 issues with 2nd IP subnet

Status
Not open for further replies.

f2b

Technical User
Jul 4, 2003
ES
Hi

We have two VLAN's. Default VLAN 1 for Data (192.168.47.0)and VLAN 10 for Voice (192.168.48.0). All ok until we added an 2nd Data subnet (192.168.55.0) to the HP switches on the Default VLAN 1. Now some of the phones are picking up the new range and then getting "TFTP error packet send" error. Normally they see the 47 range then get a 48 range and boot up.

Both data subnets are on the same vlan. Any idea what's happening here?

Thanks

The phones are just hanging on the new subnet and not getting further. Ie, not picking up a voice (48.0) range.

3300 is running version 7.1.3.6

Thanks

I think you have a routing issue. Are you using the DHCP server on the Data VLAN to provide DHCP to the IP sets? If so, what is the IP address for the router option?

I suspect some of your IP sets are getting 192.168.55.XXX but receiving a router address of 192.168.47.xxx. The sets are trying to get to a router on a different subnet.

My Biggest problem is that I almost always believe what I tell myself.

I suspect that the Vlan options for the phones are not being delivered on the new range. Options 132 and 133.

Alternatively, the Data DHCP server is visible (not blocked) on the voice Vlan.

There is an island of opportunity in the middle of every difficulty.
Miss that though, and you're pretty much doomed!

Well, the phones get their IP address from the 3300, which is 192.168.48.0 range.

Prior to intrioducing the .55 range, the phones used to look at the .47 range then get a .48 address and load up ok. Now, if a phone re-boots, it gets a 55.0 address and hangs. This range works ok for pc access to everything.

The new .55 range is on another server. So we now have two scopes. One on each server.

The default gateway for 47.0 is 47.241, 55.0 is 55.241 and 48.0 is 48.241

We are going to reboot the server (new scope) tonight asn see what happens tomorrow.

Thanks

DING DING DING... we have a winner!

What you have is two DHCP servers handing out addresses. Sometimes the original one is a bit quicker, and sometimes the new one is a bit quicker.

Take a look at the new DHCP server. Is that server set up to hand out the exact same options as the original server? kwbMitel is most likely correct in that the Mitel IP set is not receiving the correct VLAN option. Look for options 132 and 133.

My Biggest problem is that I almost always believe what I tell myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back