Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 incoming caller ID on 5540

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordans999

Technical User
Apr 11, 2014
CA

Hello,

I have 5540 IP console setup in 3300 and we are 10 digit dialing. When I receive an incoming call, it only shows the first 7 digits and the last 4 digits are missing. Any idea why the last 4 digits are missing?

Thanks

Do you see everything on a phone?

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Hi, in my case, I see all 10 number in CID on all IPphones, but only first 7 on 5540 IPconsole, I spoke with mitel, and they say: this is a bug that sometimes happens, and they do not know how to solve....

So its a feature not a fault .. always made me laugh that one .

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

This is what i found in the Mitel Knowledge Base:

The 5540 IP attendant console may display only the first 7 digits of the calling party number.

To view the full calling party number set the following COS options for the 5540 IP console,

the following 2 COS options must be set accordingly
a> Display ANI/DNIS/ISDN Calling/Called Number = YES and;
a> Display ANI/ISDN Calling Number Only = NO and

Note: For Loop Start (LS- Class or CLIP) analog trunk, the above display options do not have any impact on the length of the calling party number.
5540 IP console displays the maximum of 7 digits of the calling party number.

Think this has been fixed in newer software.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away. Anyone else and you need to throw it harder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back