Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 ICP to MCD upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

zodiacgam

Technical User
Jun 23, 2009
GM
I want to upgrade a pre-MCD 4.0 (for example ICP 9.0) to MCD 7.1: Is it correct that I should firstly upgrade to MCD 4.0 then to MCD 7.1 ? and Can I stili use the backup ICP 9.0 database on the MCD 7.0

Few things you have to ensure.
- 512MB RAM minimum
- Active SWA

You upgrade to MCD 4.0SP4 and then go thrpugh the database migration/conversion.
After the conversion you can then upgrade to MCD 7.1. But you may as well go to 7.2.

While doing the whole process, backup after each step. You can never have too many.

What do you mean by database conversion? So one cannot do the normal Restore of the same database at each stage of the upgrade ?[pre][/pre]

The upgrade process needs to be staged , during the upgrade the database is changed.

whether a previous backup can be used on a newer generic depends on the software versions

the upgrade you want would require a certain level of skill , perhaps best to get a mitel tech to perform it if you are unsure

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

You need to convert from "classic mode" to GDM mode when you stop at MCD 4.0SP4. Even if the system isn't clustered, you still need to stop and do this conversion. There's a document outlining the process on Mitel E-Docs, under "Solution Guides & Blueprints", titled "Migrating to RDN Synchronization Mode".

You also do not indicate what "chassis" you have ? It may well say 512mb of ram, but could be incompatible with the newer software and may be the reason it is still on Version 9

12345kevin said:
It may well say 512mb of ram

As far as I know, the chassis issue was Because the ram could not be upgraded.

If it has 512 installed, then the chassis is good to go.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I have a standalone ICP 9.0 not clustered, not networked and not using OPS manager. What elements do I need to synchronise. Isnt there a short cut to this ? Is there is document pertaining to the scenario I have.

Yes, read the release notes. There is a pre-upgrade and post-upgrade check list.

If you have a standalone system it will be very straight forward.

Thanks Sarond, I have spent a bit of time searching for a specific RN as you alluded to above but cant get at it. Could you please help with a link or attachment. Again the issue: I have a Standalone 3300 ICP R.9 with NO cluster, NO Network and NO Ops Manager that I want to upgrade to 4.0 MCD and above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back