Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MItel 3300 embedded Voicemail to Office 365 - intermitantly working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrentGreenawalt

Technical User
Jan 18, 2002
US
We went on the adventure of setting up all of our mailboxes using Mitel's embedded VM to sync with office 365. Initially we did it manually setting up each users mailbox with their password, and for most of the users this worked pretty well. We then used the FAQ below to use a centralized approach (coinciding with major PW reprocessing to change every few months, longer lengths, caps/symbols, etc. Something everyone should be doing. Once we did that, we couldn't do each individual box. So I have now loaded all mailboxes using the FAQ below, and "some work". It is very intermittent.

We have worked with our Mitel vendor for months, and they have pretty much given up on this, even as far as stating Mitel doesn't support this feature with Office 365. What I don't get is how can it not. I am on one of the most recent builds and Office 365 has been out for years. It is a simple IMAP integration. Why wouldn't you support this Mitel? Then our MItel vendor stated, move to nupoint, buy all new licenses, to get the same features you have now and more you will never use, and at what cost?

My biggest grip is lack of logs. Apparently there is nothing in the mitel to tell if this is actually working at all, not even successes/failure. The only place you can see it is in Office 365 or talking to the users. Does anyone have any insight as to why my mailbox won't sync, but my office neighbors does, then the CEO's doesn't work, but the CFO's does. It is really strange. I am using all the same user and pw (superuser account), so they should in theory just work.

I also spoke with my Network group and they have everything open that is required and they aren't even seeing it hit Office 365 in the dead mailboxes cases.

Used this FAQ that is posted, but only works for some users.

Reference posts on this topic from years ago:
This is the closest one:

Reviewed for reference:

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
Release Level: 8.0 SP2Active Software Load: 14.0.2.26
Platform CX-II, 512mb of RAM
Mitel 3300 (2 Controllers, 2 locations)
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones
(SIP Service via AT&T IP FLEX - 30 Trunks Total)

It's been a while since I have used IMAP on the controller but the below may help.

FTP into the system and go to /vmail/c/voxdrv/EUM.DAT

Open the EUM.DAT with notepad or something similar. From memory it's not an easy read but it is your only option other than performing a wireshark trace to see if the system is trying to get to the Office365 servers.

hi Ramitel, I will give it a shot. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,

Trent Greenawalt
IT Manager
Milwaukee, WI

Phone Hardware:
Release Level: 8.0 SP2Active Software Load: 14.0.2.26
Platform CX-II, 512mb of RAM
Mitel 3300 (2 Controllers, 2 locations)
5340, 5330, 5320 Phones
(SIP Service via AT&T IP FLEX - 30 Trunks Total)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back