Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 Embedded Voicemail PMS interface

Status
Not open for further replies.

POSN

IS-IT--Management
Jul 11, 2016
US
Hello,
Is it possible to use IP to interface between the 3300 embedded voicemail and the PMS (Opera)?
The current Ip to Serial is acting up and would like to use ip instead of converters.
Thank you for any feedback and guidance.

From the 3300 6.0 Help Files

"Direct IP Connection
In 3300 ICP Release 6.0 and later, you can use a direct IP connection for the

hotel/motel management connection (through port 15374)

voice mail connection (through port 6830).

Each connection from the PMS is connected to the LAN which in turn connects to the 3300 ICP/MiVoice Business controller."

Opera requires different licensing and are very particular about who connects to their LAN. This will be the biggest hurdle.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thank you both.
Port 6830 is listening. I updated the opera interface to connect to it. The hotel management worked instantly. Voicemail is still trying to connect. I'm assuming the 3300 is the server in this case. Any changes on the 3300 I need to make besides "Network" under hotel Options to get the VM to interface?

Side note, I can telnet to 6830.

Under VM Options, do you have the Property Management System type set to HIC or Hyatt Encore?

The issue may be Opera related. What kind of console is being used at the hotel? I assume a 5540 IP console? If so, open a telnet session to 6830. Next, manually check in a vacant guest room. Call that room extension and leave a voice message. You could also just set a wake up call for that room extension via the console. Check your telnet session to see if there's communication from port 6830. If so, Embedded VM is working as it should. Reach out to Opera for answers.

Just going back to basics, do you have the "Voice Mail Hospitality/PMS:=Yes" in the license form ? If you haven't (its not a default license) then I don't believe you will get the voicemail part of the PMS to work which sounds like the issue you are having.
We usually use a 3rd party voicemail for hotels, so not something I am overly familiar with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back