Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Direct Voice Call or Paging from DISA

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion3311

IS-IT--Management
Jun 23, 2010
US
So I was researching our ability to page to a page group via DISA, and per the manual, DISA callers aren't allowed to page. That said, I have one phone connected to a PA system, so I figured hey if I can do a direct voice call to that particular phone, that gets me the loudspeaker which is good enough. I set up a feature code for direct page, verified that both the phone and the independent DISA account code are on the COS and that the COS is allow to create/accept DV calls, however I'm getting the reorder tone as soon as I type in the feature code into the DISA session. Anyone know if there's a way around that?

Jeff

Can't you dial the extension number of the PA system phone directly from DISA? Why do you need the direct page feature access code?

Are you calling DISA over a SIP trunk? From the docs: "The system does not support direct paging initiated by external users (EHDU or DISA) over SIP trunks."

Direct page only works on phones with a built in loudspeaker. I guess your PA system is connected to an analogue extension. Direct page won't work on an analogue extension.

To your first question yes, ish. I have an Anynode SBC and was hoping to have a way to call into that phone from the SBC, but I dont think the phone has auto-answer functionality so all you'd hear over the PA is ringing. Its just a modded 52xx phone with wires connected from the speaker to the PA amp.

I ended up getting an SIP paging module which is working perfectly, and instead I just modded the system speed call on the Mitel to call the external paging unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back