Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mitel 3300 cxi network computers cant access internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

007wall

Technical User
Jan 11, 2010
GB
we have a mitel 3300 mxi, the router is currently connected to the level 2 switch.
The server is also attached to this switch.
We cannot access the internet.
Ideally we want to have the computers working via the network cable supplied to the telephone(network point on the back)
There is obviously an ip problem.
We do not have a fixed ip address on the router, although we do have one its just not setup, the ip address for the router is 192.168.1.254 the ip address for the level 2 switch is 192.168.1.2
any help would be appreciated as always
andy

ok I think you mean a CXi not an MXi. If the router is on the built in layer 2 switch and it has an address of 192.168.1.254 then what have you defined as the gateway in the DHCP options? Normally the gateway would be the IP of the layer 2 ( i.e 192.168.1.2 ) and the router would be on the WAN port of the CXi.

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

yes the dhcp settings are standard. ig gateway 192.168.1.2 router in plugged into the WAN port.
however with the router pluged in and the computers plugged into the back of the phones, no internet is accessable.

Do you need to have the CXi act as the router?
Couldn't you just connect everything to the L2 switch?
What is providing DHCP?

Can you not plug the router into the LAN and set the gateway in the 3300 DHCP options as 192.168.1.254?

Right so you are telling the devices attached to the layer 2 ports that their gateway off that subnet is 192.168.1.2 but I am not clear. The router is plugged into the WAN port not one of the L2 ports?

I'd tell you a UDP joke but I'm afraid you won't get it. TCP jokes are the best because you always get them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back