Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300. Can't call forward to external

Status
Not open for further replies.

spen2

Technical User
Feb 15, 2006
GB
Hi,

We've recently had a 3300 installed along with 5320 IP handsets. I've tried everything i can think of to get call forwarding to an external number working when dial the station on an external number. I'm looking for some advice please.
Call forward type 'Always' works to an external number and so does 'No answer internal', but the type of 'no answer on external' does not work. I've check the COS for the handset and the PRI trunk and set 'call forward to external ' to yes
on both.

Does anyone know what else i need to change?

Thanks in advance

Spen2

Please confirm

You can forward on an always condition to an external number but you cannot forward on no-answer condition to an external number.

This being the case, you probably need Public Trunk to Public Trunk enabled in the COS of the STATION. (the trunk would already have this or the always FWD would fail)

Another possibility is that the Station is restricted from dialling the number via ARS whereas the Trunk is not.

You can eliminate restriction issues by forwarding to a speedcall that overrides Toll Restrictions.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the advice.
<quote>You can forward on an always condition to an external number but you cannot forward on no-answer condition to an external number.
</quote>
That's correct.

'Public Network To Public Network Connection Allowed' was set to no in the trunk cos and station cos. I changed to yes in both and it still didn't work.

Your speedcall idea did work though. Is there anywhere i can change the toll restrictions so i don't need to set up a speed call though?

Hi dryaquaman,

I don't really get the COR. This is what i have on my system. Which COR would you suggest?
Number Classes Of Restriction For Group

1,10-60

1,2,10-60

1-3,10-60

1-4,10-60

1-5,10-60

1-6,10-60

Thanks

spen2

I picked No.5 COR and it worked!

Out of interested, Can anyone shed any light on what they actually mean?

Cheers

Spen2

Make sure you do not confuse COR with COR Group Restrictions.

A Device is assigned a COR

A COR GROUP restricts its member CORs

The COR Groups are not sufficient in and of themselves to answer your question accurately but I can make some educated guesses.
If you are in NA then these guesses will be close, UK or elsewhere you'll get the idea.
[tt]
1 - Blank
2 - 1,10-60
3 - 1,2,10-60
4 - 1-3,10-60
5 - 1-4,10-60
6 - 1-5,10-60
7 - 1-6,10-60

A Station or Trunk assigned a COR of 7,8 or 9 can dial anything

Any COR can dial digits that are governed by COR 1 (911 probably)

The Groups have an acsending level of restriction so I would guess something like the following:

911 COR GRP 1 - Allowed CORs = All
Local Calls COR GRP 2 - Allowed CORs = 2-9
Toll Calls COR GRP 3 - Allowed CORs = 3-9
Operator COR GRP 4 - Allowed CORs = 4-9
1+ NA COR GRP 5 - Allowed CORs = 5-9
Overseas COR GRP 6 - Allowed CORs = 6-9
Unrestricted COR GRP 7 - Allowed CORs = 7-9
[/tt]

The ARS Digits Dialled form will assign calls to Routes
The Routes will assign a COR Group.

If I were designing this the Routes would line up with the COR GRPs Route 1 uses Cor Grp 1 for example.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for you help/advice. Makes a lot more sense now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back