Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 call fwd always to cell number.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LegoAddict

IS-IT--Management
Mar 26, 2009
CA
Hi there,

I had a user request his call fwd always button be forwarded to his cell phone. I did this but when he has it on everyone dialing to him gets access denied.

I ran into this problem before but I don't remember how it was fixed, partly because I didn't fix it;) But I'm familiar with the 3300.

I have a bunch of 3300's.

Please let me know if you need any other information from me!

Lego

The issue will normally be with the Trunk's COS and/or COR.

This can be "Proven" in 1 of 2 ways.

1 - An internal call to the fwded set succeeds
2 - a phone programmed with the same COS and COR of the trunk fails.

In COS you need to enable Public Trunk to Public Trunk Connection (In the trunks COS)

The COR of the trunk must allow dialing to the forwarded number.

CAUTION: opening up your system in this method invites toll fraud. Make sure the end user is aware of risks and takes responsibility. In writing if you can get it.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

kwb makes a great point (again).
Make sure your trunks and vmail ports are toll restricted.

Dave

You can't believe anything you read... unless of course it's this.

Hi there

If your call is coming into the 3300 via a system speed call e.g DDI 303900 = speed call 900 actual number extn 2078. Then the speed call number will have by default COR 1

To overcome the problem you will have to set the speed call to overide toll control.

Hope this helps.

Russ103 is correct about the system speed call.
Set the speed dial number with toll over ride and station forward to that number.
This is the only way to allow fwd off prem and maintain control over your security.
Doing it this way also stops the user from forwarding to Grandma in the UK or their country cousins in Kentucy and calling thier own number from home so you pay the toll.

Ralph

Guys,

Thanks all very much for your help!

I didn't even think about the tolls, people could really abuse this system. With this new information I think I'm going to call my service provider and get them to do it, just to be sure. I'm not 100% on this system so I don't feel comfortable doing this at all now! (Don't feel bad, thanks for your input!)

I don't want to be the person responsible for setting something up that will leave us open to problems like this!

Thanks again for your help!
Lego

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back