Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MITEL 3300 - Auto Attendant Greeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jose Moreno

IS-IT--Management
Mar 13, 2024
US
Hi All,

Theres has to be a way to make a better Auto greeting for better sound quality than converting a wav file to VOX. It sounds so muffled and quality is not there. I've tried uploading WAV but apparently is not compatible.
You guys have any idea on this?

What software is running? Are you using the embedded AA?

I suppose you're entitled to your opinion, I'm just not going to suppose very hard.

I used both filezilla when I have the VOX file and also thru chrome upload and make the vox file thru Adobe audition.

It’s going to get compressed down to G.711 anyway, so keep the source audio simple. To upload, the source file has to be 8khz U-law .wav.

You can also bandwidth limit any conversion as mulaw/alaw is voice based and only exists in a limited range. This is likely to be around 300-3300 Hertz, there might be some disagreement for this range. As this is sampled at 8KHz, and according to Nyquist, sample at twice the highest the range might be 0-4000 Hz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back