Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 & Mediatrix - No ringing on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceruin

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2014
GB
Hi,

Finally got the Mediatrix 4102 working with an analogue phone on our network, everything works correctly except when I dial the extension number of the phone there is no ringing sound! As I have the phones setup next to me I know its working as I can lift the receiver and speak. Any ideas if this is a setup problem on the Mitel system or any insight into the mediatrix box?

Thanks.

It can't be an issue with the Mitel System.

It's unlikely to be an issue with the Mediatrix

Have you tried a different phone?

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Do a wireshark trace, if you see MCD sending a 180 to the Mediatrix then the problem is with Mediatrix, Also, check MOL for the config guide, believe you are looking for doc: 08-5159-00011

Yes tried multiple phones. The odd thing is that on the handsets I try with visual aids (light flashing when a call is coming in) I can see the light flashing so I know the call is working! I'll try a trace to see if there is anything that may be stopping the ringer working.

Is there anything in the mediatrix to alter the ring voltage and how are you connecting the phone to the mediatrix?

Nothing for ring voltage, I am connecting the phone to the mediatrix with an rj11 to rj9 convertor Link

The sinusoidal ringing signal frequency can be modified
by software. Typical values range from 20 to 50 Hertz,
20 Hertz being the default frequency (for North America
only). Each port provides its own ring generator and is
capable of supplying up to 4 RENs (Ringer Equivalence"

Maybe that has been changed as each port apprears to have its own ring generator

Also "Ring Source 50 VRMS max @ 20 up to 50
Hz (selectable) sine signal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back