Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing "Line 2"

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpunk97

MIS
Aug 4, 2010
US
Hi, I have a Nortel Network phone that is weird. There are buttons on the bottom right: a handsfree, Line 1, and Line 2. All phones in my office have Line 1 and Line 2 but there is this one phone that only has Line 1. How can I get it to have Line 2 also?

I have plugged that phone to a different wall port to see if that makes a difference but nothing. Is there a programming that needs to be done? If so what do I need to do?

Thanks!

If a button inquiry does not reveal a "hidden line 2" you will need someone to program the phone for you. If you can get into programing you could copy from a working phone.

Yes I checked all the buttons and none of them has Line 2.

Is there anything I need to change when going into feature 266344? I'm familiar with going into those options but I couldn't figure out what I needed to change or under what menu.

Or is it a matter of doing Feature *3 and entering a code? When doing a feature *0 and hitting the Line 1 button, then pushing on view, it shows Port 122. How can I copy this?

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

I wonder what system this is? Port 122 would be a target line in R1T1 in a MICS .Port 101 and 102 would be lines 1 &2 in a Cics and Mics.I retired in 2004 and never worked on a BCM? Don't know port #'it. I would like to know what the port # are on some of the other phones?

Ken

You are right Curlycord. I didn' think that one out.So apparently his Line 1 is Intercom 222 (default)? One phone with one intercom and the rest with 2?

Ken

Hi guys, thanks for you help but I don't think that is it. The system I have says it is a Nortel-Plus Modular ICS. We have 23 channels pri coming in on T1 and the phones are the T7316.

Curlycord, I believe that menu you are telling me is where I tell the system which Line of the DID I want on this phone. Each phone in the office has a DID line assign to it already. When I do F*0 on that button, it shows Line208, and if I try to push the button on it, it will say "Incoming only" meaning it is a DID line.

What my problem with one of the phone is there should be two lines for each phone. I think I messed up when saying the word "Line 1" and "Line 2". I don't know the terminology but on the bottom right, for example my phone, if I do a F*0 on the bottom right 3 buttons I get, Hands/Free Mute, 223 MyName, 223 MyName. 223 is my extension and when I'm on the screen that shows 223 MyName, there is a button to View, and when clicking view, it shows Port 220 for both buttons.

Now on that one phone, if I do a F*0 on the button for DID which is located on the middle left side, it shows as Line193. Now if I do F*0 on the bottom 3 buttons, there is a Hands/Free, 358 HerName, and Blank button. That blank button should be the next line for that phone. If I click on View on the "358 HerName" it shows Port 122.

The reason for me wanting two lines on this phone is the user needs to do a 3 way conference call using "Feature 3". They can't do conference call on this phone unless the person calls on their DID line, then they put them on hold, and call using the Line1 from the bottom right button.

They want to initiate the first call on line 1, put them on hold, then initiate the second call by line 2, then feature 3 and pickup line 1.

Like I said, all lines have two lines for calling out, plus a DID for incoming. I don't know if it is a setting issue or programming issue or defective phone.

I appreciate all the help even though if I can't find the solution. Thanks.

The phone has only one intercom button. u need to add a second one via programming under terminal and sets.

Thank you Dasheen, that was the terminology I was looking for. Intercom, duh!

Anyways, I went into terminal and sets, entered the extension of the phone, Line Access, Line Assignment, then scroll over to Intercom and change it from 1 to 2.

Man how can I have missed that!

Anyways, thanks everybody for your input and help, this is the best place!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back