Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Migrating from CS1K to Avaya Aura Communications Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeclarke

Technical User
Oct 3, 2013
US
Has anyone migrated from CS1000 platform to Avaya Aura CM using existing 1120 and 1140's

If they are unistim devices , you would have to flash them with SIP firmware and they would then register to session manager , CM would be acting as a feature server supplying the sets with settings and features via a process called PPM.

Depending on your environment and usage requirements this could well be cost prohibitive , tell us more

ACSS (UC/SBCE/SM/SME)

Not that they mean a thing anymore , get a brain dump pass the test crash the system.

SIP 1100 won't do much on CM. But, on R8 there's a Device Adapter plugin for Breeze. It's Unistim on the outside, Avaya SIP to CM on the inside.

It's new.

Depends how many you've got if they're worth keeping vs Jseries phones - and there might be some deal if you trade in the 1100s to get Js that the cost/benefit might make it worth scrapping them.

Feature integration isn't exactly a treat either.

You are exactly right Kyle555, we are going the Breeze adapter plug-in route. We are migrating approx 4,000 phones and that is why we didn't purchase that many JSeries. However, we will convert about 100 1100 to JSeries to start. As for features, I do see in the documentation that most features are supported. I haven't confirm that dial intercom (DIG)and multi call ring (MCR) are supported. This is all new and that's why I was wondering if anyone out there has already experienced this type of migration.

not yet. ProVision does have a module that grabs the cs1k programming and smashes it into SM/SMGR/CM. Presumably that's a good place to start if it does things the way Avaya recommends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back