Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS with CI cards not all seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

murphymouse

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2007
CA
Have a MICS system shared by 2 or 3 separate users...each with 2 0r 3 sets and lines.

Have 2 CI cards in the system, yet only one of the cards is allowing the caller ID to be active. the other set (001-004) cannot get the caller ID which seems to be set the same as the the CI card in the expansion module 2nd possition.

Forgot to add...we tested the the CI card that is not producing the results we would expect in another system...it works fine.

Telco has confirmed caller ID...a swap may be usefile

Thanks

Is caller ID turned on in programming for those lines?

Caller ID turned on...as per the installation guide...any tricks i might want to know?

Now you know both CI cards work, curly has the next step. Don't trust Telco, trust your troubleshooting.

Adversity is Opportunity

Despite what the Telco says, when troubleshooting clid, my first step is always to put a butt set on the line at the demarc, call in, and listen for the clid between the first and second rings.

If you don't hear it, call the telco, and get a repair order started.

Have you moved a good working CLID line on the 2nd card to the first card? I would think that would answer any questions.

Solution was that the Ci card was in the left slot on the KSU instead of the right side.

slot 1 for lines 001-004 is on the right not the left.

Oversight.

The "rule of thumb" for cards is, in the KSU right to left and in the Trunk module, left to right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back