Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Voice path 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucktec

Vendor
Sep 10, 2008
CA
I have a client with a MICS w/7.1 sw, CP150, PRI and multiple 0x16's. They have random sets and ATA users that lose voice path very intermittently. Digital will still have programming, outcalling and feature use, just no communication can happen.I have had to reset the system in the past to get the port back up, disabling in programming doesn't do it. Cold reboots whenever needed isn't a solution. Has anyone seen this and what has been the fix.

Both. Visually the set is working, time/date, able to activate buttons, but no sound transmitting or receiving. It's been pretty interesting so far.

So am I to assume that no one has run into this one before. Just trying to follow up. bcs

I've never seen that one. I'm interested how Norvaya tech support will address this.

About 4 or 5 years ago I had a 4.1 system that acted about like that. It was out of warranty, so I opened the KSU and after reseating the daughter board to the motherboard, problem never came back. Prior to that, system would lose audio completely and very intermittently once or twice a week. System is still running fine today.

MarvO said it

The more complicated the problem, the simpler the solution.

Hope that's all it is for you canucktec.

You mean crack the KSU and remove and reseat the daughter board? Does this cause any programming or licensing loss? It would be a nice fix. Thanks.
I tried getting to Westcon about this problem, they said they had no access to Norvaya(nice) as to the MICS either. Hope the shakedown pulls Norstar heads out of the sand.

So long as you don't short the caps, you shouldn't lose programming. Nice thing about being a phone doctor. When done right, your patient won't even remember the operation.

I believe there is a paper seal over one of the screws.
If the seal is broken, warranty is voided. But that might not be the case these days.
No programming or licensing loss, but as always, it is best to do a system backup prior to any major work.
Before opening the cabinet, you might try just reseating all other connectors, including the power supply and fiber optics. Be sure to power down first.

MarvO said it

Guess a full backup would be in order. It's when they do remember the operation that you have to duckncover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back