Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Upgrade From 1.1 To 7.0XC

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUCHIMAMA

Programmer
Jan 25, 2004
US
Hey Folks - Need A Little help on this one. We are going to try to up grade a customer from 1.1 to 7.0XC software. I am a little un clear on what would be the best way to do this a retain as much of the system programming as possible. They have 102 DN's on the system and a lot of crazy programming.

We had thought about wiping the system clean. But with all their programming we are looking for the easiest way possible.

We will also be swapping out there NAM voicemail with a Call Pilot. I am not worried about the programming on that. The customer is already aware they will need to redo mailboxes and such.

Any guidence would be greatly appreciated.

They Just Look COOL !

a sure fire way is
1.1-2-3-4.1"upgrade tool" to 6.1"upgrade tool to 7.1

the least problems will occur if you just start from scratch...do a start up and when system say applying template wait 5 to 10 sec and unplug reintialize with 7.0 or 7.1 software..that way you have a clean 7.0/7.1 switch.i have done a clean at 6.1 and it had about 120 sets and 3 t1's took 2 guys about 6 hrs"yhis included writing all info down to reprogram and a couple hours next day

Look into using the upgrade tool kit containing MICS-XC 4.1 upgrade software cartridge and MICS-XC 7.0 ugrade software cartridge. this is a two step process from MICS 1.1 to 7.0

Thanks for the info guys!

They Just Look COOL !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back