Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Software Version

Status
Not open for further replies.

slatecom

Technical User
May 9, 2011
US
Hello all,

I just acquired a Nortel MICS without any cartridges. Would anyone be able to tell me what software cartridge I should purchase for my system? The card I'm looking at purchasing is a NT7B72FG-93 but I'm not sure if it's compatible as I've only dealt with "simple" systems before (M8x24, 6x16).

The numbers on the label are:

nntm040e0qf4

and NTN7B53FA-93 0051 REL 09

Thanks!

The NT7B72FG-93 looks like a MICS R2.0 software cartridge. It's not very fuctional, pretty basic feature-wise as it's at least 15 years old. I'd recommend at least a R6.1 to fully support caller ID features and also be compatible with the newer style telephones. The newer software is a 2-piece cartridge which includes the NTBB08 NVRAM cartridge and a PCMCIA software card.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

The NT7B72FG-93 looks like a MICS R2.0 software cartridge. It's not very functional, pretty basic feature-wise as it's at least 15 years old. I'd recommend at least a R6.1 to fully support caller ID features and also be compatible with the newer style telephones. The newer software is a 2-piece cartridge which includes the NTBB08 NVRAM cartridge and a PCMCIA software card.

Brian Cox
Oregon Phone

What would be the earliest version that supports the M7100 telephones? I took a look on eBay and the prices for newer releases of the software are, as I would put it, outrageous, really.

I think it's pretty funny how complete systems often cost about the same or less than just the software itself!

I'm guessing any version is functionally better than the M8x24 DR5, am I correct?

I know about the software thing, what I meant was that people are selling systems that come with the newer 2-piece cartridge for around the same amount as just the cartridge itself, without any extras.

Here's where I'm getting very confused. People are selling cartridges that say they're "2.0" and also have something like "v5.1". This is straight from the listing: "MICS-2.0 V5.1 REL 06 NT7B72FG-93". Would that mean that the software is version 5.1 and I should just disregard the other numbers for simplicity?

I heard that the Enhanced ATA is not compatible with anything above version 6.1, and having just purchased one I'll hold off on purchasing a newer version of the software.

Thanks again for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back