Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS Shopping List Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

kalrith123

Technical User
Nov 30, 2007
US
Hey guys, I am attempting to order the necessary hardware for a MICS 7.1 system. The location has a T1 for voice and roughly 30 T7316E headsets. Is there anything you can tell is missing? Anything I don't need? Any help is appreciated guys this is my first attempt at ordering a phone system.

Nortel Norstar Modular ICS (MICS) KSU w/7.1 Software

Nortel Norstar 6 Port Slim Fiber Combo Service Cartridge

Nortel Norstar Digital Trunk Interface Cartridge (DTI / T1)

Nortel Norstar Analog Station Module (ASM)

Also in order to get caller id on incoming calls do I need the following? How many of them?

Nortel Norstar Caller ID Global Analog Trunk Card

Thanks, let me know if you need any additional information to help.

Are you going with a standard T1 or a PRI? If it is PRI the your caller id is automatic (you'll need a PRI keycode). If you go T1 then you have to make sure your carrier offers Inband ANI. Most do now so you should be alright. If they are copper trunks then yes you'll need the CLID Trunk card (it does 4 trunks).

Hawks - Standard T1, How many trunks would we have if we have a standard T1? Other then the list above is there anything else we will need to get?

Phoneguy - What is the benefit of going with a BCM? What would we need to purchase to go with a BCM route? How many phones/lines can the BCM50 handle? Will it work with our current Standard T1?

Thanks guys.

I believe the only way to get "caller id" is via a T1 E&M.

You'll need two 66 blocks wired with 25 pair cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back