Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics - schedule phones to ring after 4:30

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxtek

Technical User
Oct 6, 2005
BB
I have a customer with Mics and call pilot. They have about 40 extension, as in most cases alot of the phones dont actually ring except for a couple such as the reception and secretary phones. However, after 4:30 they will like all phones to ring. I assume this is done in schedules but i have not used this feature before. Can someone guide me here? The other problem is that the voice mail currently kicks in after about 7 rings but after 4:30 they want it to kick in after 3 rings. Should i be looking to set all this up from just the MICS or the callpilot as well? Thanks in advance.

#1 if you want the voicemail to pickup at 3 rings instead of 7 The voicemail will have to answer in 3 rings at all times.

Go into services:
Ringing groups---

Set up group 001 with the extensions you want to ring + the voicemail port (F985 will tell you the voicemail port).

Go to night mode set it to manual

Give one of the people a night button, F*3, press the button, hit F871

norstarguru

They want all the phones to ring after 4:30. Does the night button have to be pressed to activate the ringing after 4:30? Can it be done by setting an automatic schedule? Thanks in advance

When i hit f987 the phone says denied in admin. What is causing that?

Sorry above i meant f871 and im getting a denied in admin error.

You don't need to assign the VM dn as a ringing set in your ring group. As to your question about 3 rings before vm, program a non-ringing set, without a mailbox of it's own to cfna to vm at 3 rings, and add that phone to your ring group. I'm thinking we've used that workaround on older software. Haven't had to try recently, though. It may kick the caller into Gen Del.

I have another question. After i program the control set with F871, can i test it during the day to make sure it works while i'm there at the customer and then turn it back off? In other words, does the feature work within the time frame the night mode has been programmed for only or can i activate it and de activate it during the day for a test? Thanks again

you can change he time on the system to 5pm to test and then chenge it back when your done. Change the time Feature ** time password is 266344 then just use the soft keysunder the display.

They Just Look COOL !

So there is no way to der activate the feature without changing time? So whats the difference between having night mode on manual or auto?

On Manual, you have to invoke night mode by pressing the aforementioned Night Service Button. On Auto, you define a schedule with the system and it starts/stops accoroding to said schedule.

Exactly. So therefore in manual i should be able to press the button again and disable the feature regardless of what time it is, correct?

I know that in manual mode you have to invoke the night mode by pressing the f871 but all i'm asking is after you have pressed it, how do you turn it back off? Just hit f871 again?

Thanks alot for the help everyone. I'll let you know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back