Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

mics ringing

Status
Not open for further replies.

souphmars

Technical User
Oct 28, 2004
US
i have a mics with a startalk - 1 business has 7 lines and another division or business has one line that has vm provided by the provider, they do not want it to use the startalk vm - it rings the attendant extension which has a vm box on the system - how can i let it ring at the attendant and the other persons phone without it going to the attendant's vm so that if it is not answered it will go to the provider's vm - right now it goes to the attendant's vm which is setup for 4 rings - i do not want to extend the attendant's rings to forward to vm

it needs to ring both the extensions the attendant's and the person the number belongs to

Whatever ring is less gets it. Fact of life. Either you backup your CFNA on Nortel, or shorten your Telco.

i know that - i am trying to get around it - is there anyway to get around it - i am probably goin to convince them to use the startalk and create another table

I agree with cook I think a Hunt Group is the only way.

i know an answer dn will not work- i guess i will try the hunt group

hunt group does not work it still goes into the mailbox of ext 221 - i figured there was no way to avoid that since it is ringing there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back