Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS ringing question

Status
Not open for further replies.

bevcomm

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2006
After getting a quick response to my last post, I decided to try again :)

Customer wants to have all 8 lines APPR&RING on his set. If the receptionist is in, there is no need for him to listen to the lines ring all day from his back office. If the receptionist takes the day off, he needs to be able to know when the line is ringing so he can answer the phone.

Do-able?

I was thinking DND, but that stops intercom calls too.

thanks

Matt

---------
"nothing's obscene if we only close our eyes

There is a couple of ways you can do this.
1)Just have his lines appr and when the operator takes the day off FWD the call to his phone.

2)Use the services button if your already using it for nights you can add a lunch and put all the phones you want to ring in a ring group.

Either way you choose to use the operator will have to do something on her phone to allow his phone to ring.

Hope this helps.

There are 2 phones that could benefit from being quiet during the day if the receptionist is there... so the FWDing wont work.

I guess I will "rtfm" to figure out how to program the night ring. I'll be sure to post any questions in here :)

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back