Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mics R1t1 & Voice Startalk C Help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nortelinva

IS-IT--Management
Apr 13, 2005
US
Has anyone every had MICS r1t1 and a Startalk Model C
Several phones are 7310's and several are t7316's.

When we key the voice mail buttons or tranfer to voice they sometime can't find the feature 981 or the other one 986?

As if the system is not hooked up. If you press the button several times the phone acts like its locking up and reboots, itself.

Other times it works fine

Please help
and thanks to all of you for the wonderful help in the past

can you invoke the features manually - by pressing feature 986 and so on
if yes maybe bad phone ...

thanks Senks1s. no invoking by code does not do it either. Also 2 of our phones do it from time to time. one 7310 and one 7316.

Any other clues that I may look for >??

Norteliva,

Can you access F983 and get into main programming?
What is software ver on C?
Must be 2.0.4Lc
Could be bad hard drive.

How many ports are on the Startalk. You may just have a bad port there Buckaroo.

There are 4
2 sets of 2

GKurk, Its a brand new hard drive with that Software.

I seem to have seen in here somewhere that you had to tell it there are 4 ports, But we poered it up and it seemed to work ok other than the confused state from time to time.

John and Gkurk, Would that also be why from time to time it state that it could not contact us at the number provided when wew have not gotten a call ?

Any of you know how to check to see if the ports are active and good?

Thanks Again for the GREAT help

To confirm all four ports are working, access the VM from 4 different phones simultaneously, making sure they keep the session active until the test is over.

I'm pretty sure that you can program the Startalk DNs as buttons on a phone. Feature 985 will give you the main one then go to Maintance>Port DN Status and get the B2 DN. Use Maintance>Port DN Status to find the second port and its B2 DN. Now you can figure out which is the bad port by watching which port won't answer.
Or you can disable ports to figure it out.

Anywhere you go, there you are - Buckaroo Banzai

Johndefongi

Hey there sorry for the delay been crazy here.
Actually there is 2 ports on the back of the unit. I tool the plug out of the second one and so far today there has been no issue. Thanks for the coaching.

Does this now mean that the most that the VM will answer a one time is 2 lines? or 2 internal?

Is that something I should look into replacing since we have only 3 lines to begin with ?

Thanks for the help

If you have two active ports, it means two users can access it simultaneously. That could be two callers, two people checking their messages, or 1 caller, and 1 user checking.

If you only have 3 lines / light usage...you should be fine.

But, you should confirm (or have vendor confirm) it is the VM ports as opposed to the DN's connected, because that would be an easy fix. Or maybe just one of the (two) VM ports (B1, B2) - but I don’t know if it is even possible to lose only one of the two when referring to B1-B2.

My post may have been confusing with the "two active ports"- If you unplugged one of the cords- then yes, only 2 users, as opposed to the previous 4, can access it simultaneously. As I said above, those 2 users could be any combo of inside or outside callers.

Hey BKrike

HAte to be stupid , but hey ya learn right?

I went into maintainence and found where to look at the ports.

ours is 44 for a feature 985

The other dn was 76 when it was hooked up
44 showed b2 and idle 76 showed as b1 and idle ? since nothing was hooked up
Whats the diff in b1 and b2? could that have been the issue ??
Thanks for the help !!

The way you explained it, there may be something going on- it is hard to say. Typically you want your voice mail DN's to be consecutive and on the main core. DN 76 does not sound like it is on the main core. Unless someone had changed the DN number, I would probably connect 45 as my second port- but that may require a re-install of the VM.

The terms B1 and B2 correspond to channels on Norstar for transmitting voice and data. Each DN port number has a B1 DN and a B2 DN. Devices such as the Norstar phones use only the B1 DN. Other devices (like voice mail) may use both B1 and B2 channels, requiring B1 and B2 DN’s.

thanks I got that part the b1 b2 get me though

kewl

Thanks I will try to change them out tommorow to consecutive dn and retry it

Thanks again

BKRIKE

right on target, I first diconected the one wire and then the other and poof it works with a hitch THANKS SO MUCH!

I have seen a B2 not work before so reconnect the second cord and disable the DNs in maintto see if one is bad.

Thanks for all the help,

I had some time to try to change some stuff and am stuck.

The f985 states 44
the Startalk C is connected to the 24th pair violet/brown
which should be 44 this is where the 1/2 port on the back of the Stalk is located.
I changed the bad pair, since there was a gap in dn to the violet green pair which should be 43.

First ? How I make the system see the 43 as the second ports

second ? is there a special way to turn this off and turn is off ?? Seems I saw something in a post but cant find it

third ? whats the old floppy drive for ???

Thanks all

Check in Maintance>Port and DN Status to see if your port is connected to the Startalk. This is where you can disable/enable the B1 or B2.
The big floppy drive if for upgrading and backup/restore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back