Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MICS PRI

Status
Not open for further replies.

steveb45

Vendor
Jun 26, 2006
US
I have a new PRI connected to MICS. I have solid green on the DTI card, but cannot dial out. When I look at the link status I get NO TEI. XO states that they can't get D channel up. I am set at ESF B8ZS NI-2. Anyone have any ideas of anything else I could look at

Sounds like the PRI is misconfigured. You may want to have the provider check the configuration, if the DCH won't come up.

Carriers are notorius for pointing the finger at the vendor and the customers' phone system even when they know the problem is on their end. If you're confident that your equipment and your programming is all good, see if you can get one of their switch techs on the phone with you and then give him the run down on All of your related settings.

Are they saying they can't get the D channel up or are they saying the Norstar is bringing it down?

You are using at least 6.1 software, release 3 or higher right???

Phonehed in Dallas

Have they already confirmed that the T1 is b8zs/esf end-to-end? If there is a conversion to d4/ami and back inbetween, that will hose your dchannel, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back